Monday, July 24, 2017

CD REVIEW: UNIFY by World Trade




UNIFY by World Trade 
(Frontier Records)

Neo-progressive rock band World Trade return with their latest release, 'Unify', the band's third release .Comprised of Billy Sherwood (bass, vocals), Bruce Gowdy (guitar), Guy Allison (keyboards) and Mark T. Williams (drums). Having been a fan since their self titled debut and 'Eulphoria' I was excited to hear this new album. I have to admit, it didn't hit me right away. After a few repeated plays, I found myself liking it  more and more. It got to the point where I was slightly obsessed by the album, hearing something different every time. Sherwood's vocals are stunning & the musicianship of Gowdy, Allison and Williams is intricate and amazing. Full of creativity and above all passion. Hard to pick out stand out tracks, but the ones that do it for me are, "The New Norm", "Where Were Going"  and "On Target On Time" but didn't miss out on repeated listens to, "For The Fallen" because every time I do, I find something new in it. 'Unify' is melodic prog rock at its finest. It sounds enormous and epic, beautifully crafted, thoughtful and intelligent. Truly a incredible soundscape. I will conclude here, despite having volumes more to say about the album. It's one my favorite listens this for sure, to it put simply.  The individual performances are really tight and the production is top notch, it all makes for a superb and memorable listening experience.
 Highly Recommended
Tony @ The Dedicated Rocker Society

No comments:

Post a Comment