Saturday, August 12, 2017

CD REVIEW: MMXVI by The Grand Masquerade




MMXVI by The Grand Masquerade
(Independent Release)

The Grand Masquerade is a 4-piece band based out of Stockholm, Sweden with a unique image; combining 80’s melodic rock vibe that echoes the likes of Queen and H.E.A.T  with the Venetian Opera and Masquerade scene from the late 19th century. The Marquis de Sade or Marie Antoinette would have loved definitely got their rocks off listening to these guys thats for sure. The band is comprised of, Freddy Claye on lead vocals and bass, Ivve Danelli on lead vocals and guitar, John Sebastian on guitar and backing vocals and Martin Rhyder on drums and backing vocals. From the moment I hit play, the band had my undivided attention. Delivering great hooks , great melodies, superb guitar playing. The five songs that make up the band's Ep are simply over-the-top and luscious, and their musicianship is on point. The biggest treat, to me, is the vocals that Freddy Claye delivers on this recording. His singing is incredibly easy on the ears and well suited to this style of music. Everything on this recording blends nicely and I've enjoyed listening to the entire album several times over. My favorite tracks.....well every single one of them! From the grandiose, "By My Side", followed by, "I Get This Feeling", the melodic gems, "Those Days Are Gone" and "Say You're Mine" and closing this out in rocking fashion with "Live It Up", making for one hell of a first impression. Overall, this debut outing for The Grand Masquerade is easily one of the better releases I've heard this year. I know it's just an Ep, but it's that good! It's strong and cohesive, and it's impossible to think any melodic rock fan wouldn't enjoy this recording. I for one am looking forward to hearing more from The Grand Masquerade and would love to see them tour in America!
 Highly Recommended
Tony @ The Dedicated Rocker Society

No comments:

Post a Comment